[TowerTalk] (no subject)

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] (no subject)
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:46:06 +0000
TT:

     The ARRL's web site has a reference to a page on the FCC's site  to
calculate HAAT (Height Above Average Terrain):
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2006/01/06/1/?nc=1    For those of you not
familiar with the concept, when applying for various FCC-issued licenses, an
applicant is required to determine the height of his proposed antenna's
radiation center above the average elevation of the terrain around the proposed
transmitter location, averaged over a distance from 3 kM to 16 kM away, along
eight or more radials.

     I was extremely delighted to find that my Skyhawk's HAAT is 29 Meters for
the full 360-degree azimuth.  However, that figure is actually negative from
approx. 330 to 350 degrees.  So much for eastern Asia and PacRim stations.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F
QTH: just north of WDC