Re: [TowerTalk] Loos Gauge model PT-2

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Loos Gauge model PT-2
From: Tom WA9WSJ <wa9wsj@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 07:17:47 -0800 (PST)
Thanks everyone for your responces.
I'll consider my gauge OK, although I don't believe I
ever had any sticker implying 'off zero' and still
calibrated. I have looked at the archives for this
model and have seen calibration comparisons to more
expensive/accurate gauges and that data proved good.
But no one mentioned the 'off zero' condition. Still
gives me a distant gut feeling of being wrong but then
I've tried to keep all guys tightened to the proper
tension and no problems have developed, so it must be
close. So be it, case closed.

Oh yeah, the weather has been reasonably nice here in
the Boise valley recently, (between rain drops), so I
decided to go check the guy tension, better safe than
sorry!

Tom

http://mail.yahoo.com