Re: [TowerTalk] Making a self-supporting tower rotate

To: "peter.voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>,"'Kelly Taylor'" <ve4xt@mts.net>,"'Phil Camera'" <kb9cry@comcast.net>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Making a self-supporting tower rotate
From: "Mirko Sibilja" <s57ad@amis.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 18:07:31 +0100
Hi,

same approach Peter mentioned is used by S58A and S52O with their 60m (200')
rotary self-supporting towers. Actually Boris and Karl both used main bodies
of 60+ m tall cranes, with bearings and rotating system embedded into
fundation. Sorry no pics available here, but you may asks those tower owners
directly (s58a@guest.arnes.si or drago.bucar@biro-bonus.si ).

73  Mirko, S57AD