Re: [TowerTalk] NEED ADVICE RE SNAPPED TOWER ANCHOR BOLT

To: "'K6XN'" <k6xn@comcast.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NEED ADVICE RE SNAPPED TOWER ANCHOR BOLT
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 17:55:13 -0800
Ted:

You have at least two options for repairing the problem
without  demolition and rebuilding the foundation.

First you could break out the concrete out around the failed
AB down say 9" to 12". Trim the broked AB and tread the end
of the AB and use a treaded coupler to attach a new section
of 1" all thread and then replace the removed concrete with
new.

Second you could drill and grout new AB's in lieu of the
existing but rotated 45 degrees from the original. Then cut
off the original and reset the tower on the new bolts.

Either way will work. Talk to some industrial type concrete
contractors or mechanical contractors in your area who do
equipment setting. You may be able to get a lead on someone
who works for them who would do a small moonlite job.

Regards
Lonberg Design Group, Ltd.

Hank Lonberg, P.E.,S.E / KR7X
President