Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Question
From: Joe - WD0M <WD0M@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 21:19:35 -0700
I used earth screw anchors on my 50 foot tower in
Alaska, which stood up to 125 mph winds and heavy
snow and ice loads with no problems.  We lived
right on the coast and were subject to lots of
heavy storms coming in off the Gulf.  Never had a
problem in the almost 10 years it was
there.  When we moved, it was a bear trying to
get the earth screws out.  May not work in sandy
or other soft soils, but it sure worked well for me.

73,
Joe
WDØM
ex-WL7M