Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Question

To: "k0dan" <>, "Don Moman" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Screw Anchor Question
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:05:56 -0500
I used to failure analysis on failed anchor shafts.  In general, the failure
was the weld failing at the helix.  However, occasionally, failure would be
associated with the installation torque.  The welding was difficult, with
the weld beam following a helix, and also following the square configuration
of the shaft.....