[TowerTalk] Interlacing 2M elements on 6M yagi boom

Subject: [TowerTalk] Interlacing 2M elements on 6M yagi boom
From: "Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO" <w5wvo@cybermesa.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:47:45 -0700
I have an 18-ft 5-el 6M yagi (two of them stacked, actually). This system is an
excellent performer, and I don't want to screw it up... BUT, I'd sure like to
interlace a couple small 2M yagis with the 6M elements on the same booms.
Feeding the 2M DEs separately from the 6M DEs is fine. The spacing between the
yagis on 6M is fairly close (half a wavelength), so the 2M spacing will be
about 1.4, not at all a bad number. I know I am going to have to get into EZNEC
to learn how to model this kind of arrangement, but I thought I'd ask first --
is this feasible? Is it a good idea? Am I just asking for more headaches than
it's worth? Since these antennas are on a guyed rotating mast on a 4-ft roof
tower, I don't want to add any more weight and wind load to the system that I
have to; otherwise, I'd just put a pair of stand-alone 2M yagis between the 6M
ones. Ideas, opinions?

Bill / W5WVO