[TowerTalk] Ground rods

Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground rods
From: joegps <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 07:22:30 -0800 (PST)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:52:38 -0800
From: "Dr. Howard S. White" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?
To: <>

My soil is very, very hard clay which makes it a
perfect tower base...
in fact we had to jack hammer it out to build the

... Strong constructions workers hitting the top of
the 8' ground rods
with Sledge Hammers they were able to drive 1 in about
4 feet and one
about 5 feet...  neither is deep enough....

Any suggestions on what mechanical or power tool to
use to drive ground
rods further into the ground.  Plus I want to put in a
few more....
Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego
Fires, 911"

Hi Howard,
You can find a fence pole driver at Tractor Supply
The hammer is a pipe with two handles welded onto it,
or if can find a piece of heavy wall pipe and put a
pipe cap on it will also work.