Re: [TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?

To:, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tools for Installing Ground Rod?
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:05:04 -0600
At 10:30 AM 1/25/2006, Les Kalmus wrote:
>I saw this yesterday but it doesn't say if it has a clutch. Someone
>mentioned these need to have one so the operator doesn't get hurt in case of
>a tool bit jamming up.
>Les W2LK

It has a spring loaded trigger the same as the Bosch.  Anything happens
and you let go and the thing stops immediately.  Guess that isn't a
clutch but I don't see how it could be any more fool proof.

I have used it a lot and it has gotten stuck on occasion (rarely) and it
is no big deal.  Never even thought of it until you bring it up.

It has a lot less travel on the bit than an air one so I don't see any issue
at all.