[TowerTalk] DownForce Calculation

Subject: [TowerTalk] DownForce Calculation
From: JohnnyO <>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 22:30:26 -0600
I am needing to get a rough estimate on the amount of downforce in
pounds a 60ft Rohn25 Tower will experience in a 50mph wind and also a
70mph wind.

This is not guy'd per Rohn Specs - The guy points are 30ft out from the
base of the tower. This tower was installed on top of a building. We are
a customer on this tower and I believe the owner has it way over

There are multiple antennas up there which equal approx. 14sq. ft of
antenna surface up there.

Rough estimates would be greatly appreciated. 5 10ft sections and a 7ft
top section.