Re: [TowerTalk] UST HDX589 crank-up tower base on rock?

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] UST HDX589 crank-up tower base on rock?
From: <>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 14:07:36 -0600
Hi Les,

Get yourself over to and check out their methods of anchoring
freestanding towers to rock.

I forget the exact dimension, but I think their rock anchors are 48 inches
and they spec out the right kind of epoxy. They're designed to be used
when the tower is installed on ONLY rock, so a rock-concrete combination
SHOULD be even stronger.

Not sure what UST specs for the base attachment, but if I were putting up
a Trylon in your situtation, here's what I'd have my engineer look over: sink
the Trylon rock bolts into the rock and use them to anchor Trylon base
stubs, shortened as necessary, with a levelling scheme in place. Once
the base section and stubs are mounted and the assembly is plumbed,
pour in concrete to come up above grade.

Perhaps that idea could translate to whatever the UST base arrangement