[TowerTalk] LMR-500

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LMR-500
From: "Barrie Smith" <>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 12:25:59 -0700
I have a pending 1296 application where LMR-600 would be an expensive
over-kill, and LMR-400 would be too much attenuation.

I'm actually looking for a certain amount of attenuation to reduce the 30 watts
of drive power in the shack  to 10 watts into the tower-mounted amplifier.

Looking at LMR-500, it seems to be just about right for the length of the run.

Did quite a bit of searching this morning on LMR-500, and came up with a bunch
of "this page cannot be found" messages, at least regarding the connectors for
this cable.

I'm assuming that, since LMR-500 is 1/2" diameter, that a special connector is

Anyone used this cable and knows?

73, Barrie, W7ALW