Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline

To: wf3h@comcast.net, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Feedline
From: Hector Garcia XE2K <j_hector_garcia@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:00:35 -0800 (PST)
Bob:

if Hard Line is not an option  for any rea$$$on  ok,
try the cheap option, 75 ohms CATV hardline   i get a
lot paying just a few dollars to the cable company
that deliver the pig tails or the last pieces of the
spools (100-300 ft each)  1/2 inch and 3/4

i have my packet antena using  3/4 hardline around 150
ft
other 6m antena using 1/2 inche around 200 ft and the
top of my antenas for 6m more than 200 ft of 3/4
direct  no ajust and my swr is around 1.4-1.7 to 1:1
at the resonant freq

i don't have a 1.1 :1   but i pay nothing to have a
low loss cable

that is a good option for a low budget

if you have the money use LMR 600 or 1/2 inch heliax,
if the money is no problem  use your imagination and
there are  several options.

for the rotor  loop , some lmr or flexible versions of
LMR 400 or 600

good luck in your project

--- wf3h@comcast.net wrote:

> OK I know this has the potential to open a can of
> worms, but I'm going to put up a nice tower about
> 100-200' from the station.  I need a good feedline
> that is low loss and easy to work with. Hardline is
> not an option.
>
> I will be feeding both HF and VHF antennas.
>
> Also, I'll be putting in a rotator (Ham IV). Any
> good rotator cable?
>
> THanks all you experts! Appreciate it.
>
> Bob/WF3H

Hector Garcia XE2K / XF1K