Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Raising Fixture

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Raising Fixture
From: Jim Rhodes <>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 05:54:26 -0600
Unfortunately the manufacturer has discontinued the product. Harry, I would
be interested in anything that you get off the reflector for use with the
HG-54HD that I just bought. In the manual for the HG-70HD there is a
drawing for making a wooden "gin pole" to use in the "falling derrick"
method of raising & lowering the tower. I am interested in something a
little more permanent.

At 12:28 AM 2/24/2006, wrote:
>I would purchase a commercial tower raising fixture from the tower mfr or
>borrow one Harry.  No use in risking personal injury or damage to your
>tower.  I
>have one for my two 72 foot towers and they are build quite solid.  I know
>that the winch is a 1500 lb Fulton, just like the ones on my towers.
>Terry, K7FE
>TowerTalk mailing list

Jim Rhodes K0XU

Experience is the thing you have left when everything else is gone.