To: "Fabio Grisafi - IT9GSF" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RHOMBIC RESISTORS
From: "Mike Harris" <>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:39:29 -0300

|I wish to know how could I build non-inductive 600-800 Ohm 1KW resistors
to use with rhombic antennas.
| Thank you,
| Fabio, IT9GSF.

Instead of high value high wattage resistors that are probably hard to
find and expensive, how about using a 12:1 or 16:1 broad band transformer
and putting a regular high wattage 50 ohm dummy load on the low Z side.

I used to drive an HF point to point transmitting station ( Falklands -
UK) which used three nested 1100 foot long two wire rhombics at 110 - 150
feet high.  Those beasts had open wire feeder from the out end to ground
level, terminating in big ventilated termination boxes enclosing a bunch
of high wattage carbon tube resistors in spring clips.

Mike VP8NO