Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Stripping Gears?

To: "Al Williams" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Stripping Gears?
From: <>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:09:55 -0600
This is all a very good argument for an Alfa-Spid style of controller: mast
slips, adjust the controller. Period. No climbing. No pinning. No stripped

(At least until the slippage is, I think, 320 degrees, at which point you
reach the upper limit of the box's ability to adjust.)

The Spid uses pulses to tell the controller the antenna's moving, so
there's no physical connection between the mast and any indicator