Re: [TowerTalk] Ideal DXP Antenna

To: "'Bill'" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ideal DXP Antenna
From: "Mike" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:52:52 -0800
How about a Steppir, one antenna does all and about the same weight as
the A3S, and most likely a small shipping footprint.

Mike K6BR

While at Ascension Island, Jan K4QD and I discussed antennas and what
would be the ideal antenna for us during the low sun spot cycle.  We
came up with a 3 element beam for 20-17-15 meters.  Keeping in mind the
weight.  Most airlines now limited you to 2 bags @ 50 pounds.

Looking around I see Force-12 makes one (DXer/S) but it is too costly
and heavy to carry around.  We thought of the Cushcraft A3S.  What do we
need to do to modify this antenna from 10-15-20 to 15-17-20 ????  Any
ideas?  Can if be down using same hardware?

With a antenna for these bands we can also carry the Force-12 Sigma-5
and vertical dipole for 30/40 meters.

Bill W4WX
Please visit: