[TowerTalk] Rotator and Rohn 25 question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, epetek1@gmail.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rotator and Rohn 25 question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2006 22:52:19 EST

In a message dated 3/2/2006 1:46:36 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Is there a decent rotator small enough to fit through the  bracing of a
Rohn
25G tower. How much of a problem is removing one of the  braces and replacing
it with heavy cable. I'm sure this has been visited  many times before but
any help will be appreciated

Hiya, Pete --

    How're ya doing?

    The HAM IV will fit, Yaesu 1000 and below, the CATS  RD, the AlfaSPID - I
think that hits the high spots.

    Removing the brace isn't fatal. Replacing it with a  cable doesn't really
add anything. You could hose-clamp a piece of metal long  enough to go from
leg to leg.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH