Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 INTERACTION WITH TRIBANDER

To: "'Larry Schimelpfenig'" <k7sv@adelphia.net>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] XM240 INTERACTION WITH TRIBANDER
From: "W4ZW" <w4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:09:21 -0500

> 2. Based on what I read in the archives, I'm left with the
> impression that the Cushcraft tuned for CW isn't real
> effective on phone. Is that what TTers are experiencing?

I can't speak to the shorting the XM-240 since I haven't done that, but I am
told it relieves the interaction problem.  I have always had my 402CD tuned
for the CW part of the band and I use a ATR-30 to match it up on SSB when I
do venture up there and it works quite well.  Overall it works well, best
shorty 40M beam I've ever used.  If you cut it for the "secret K7LXC"
dimensions, either the ALPHA 87A or the ACOM2000A should match it OK pretty
much across most of the band.   BTW, it works pretty well on 17M and 12M
with a tuner.

Jon Hamlet,  W4ZW

Casey Key Island, Florida
"A little piece of paradise in the Gulf of Mexico"