Re: [TowerTalk] Cost of installing a tower.

To: "Ricky Scott" <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cost of installing a tower.
From: Brian K Harris <>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:36:46 -0600

My situation was:

84' Trylon self-supporting bought used (3 years old) - $600

5' x 5' x 5' hole dug with shovels by two local Latinos - $100 plus $10
chicken lunch

Concrete pumper to get concrete from street to hole - $300

Concrete - 9.75 yards (I dug the hole out more myself, thus the 9.75
yards) -  $350

Crane with operator to raise assembled-on-ground tower - $300

Tower climber - $200

Case of beer for me and my buddies - $20

The look on the neighbors' faces - Priceless

Brian K. Harris, WA5UEK

"Ricky Scott" <>
Sent by:

[TowerTalk] Cost of installing a tower.

Ok, Hypothedical situation.

Ham Station A is going to install a T500 40Ft Trylon tower,
  Thats 1150 plus 625 shipping.

Assuming 200 bucks for 1 day digging with a rented back hoe for the hole.

How does one estitmate total cost from there.

Im swimming in numbers.

BTW Local Concrete is 75 a yard and 85 with fibre.