[TowerTalk] rohn bx towers

Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn bx towers
From: Howard Cawthra <>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 09:24:19 -0800 (PST)
looking at my old Rohn catalog they show a HDBX24 rated at 20sq ft 400 lbs
thrust. Thats using section 3-4-5. If you were to use section 6-7-8 it would
definitely would have a higher load rating, what is anybodys guess. I've owned
a HDBX48 for 20yrs now with a small tribander no problems. I check the rivets
and bolts every year, never had any loose yet. I would be hesitant to put a
long boom ant on my HDBX48 but not at 24ft using the 3 largest sections. Howard