Re: [TowerTalk] hdbx 48

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hdbx 48
From: Chuck Sudds <chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:48:21 -0600
At 07:55 PM 3/12/2006 -0600, WW5L wrote:

I was not quite as lucky.  Here in rural Iowa, the winds constantly twisted
my HDBX-48 with my KT34XA atop.  I replaced the two top sections because of
rivet failure and moved the rotor WAY down in the tower where it was alot
wider.  I ran 2" pipe all the way out the top of the tower.

During a severe thunder storm 8 years ago, you can see the results of
mounting a KT34XA atop a Rohn HDBX-48 tower at:

http://www.dxham.net/images/tower1.jpg
http://www.dxham.net/images/tower2.jpg

Not a pretty sight :(   I replaced everything with a guyed 100ft Rohn 45G
tower and have slept alot better ever since. DO WHAT THE MANUFACTURER SAYS!!!!

Chuck  KØTVD