Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum mast

To: Jim Lux <>,"Bruce Ferratt" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Aluminum mast
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:09:24 +0000

> There is an old QST/QEX article around that goes through the calculations,
> and I think there is a spreadsheet that accompanies it, either on the ARRL
> site, or maybe K7LXC's site?
> Jim

     I believe the article to which Jim refers can be found in NCJ Jan/Feb
1992, which itself is a reprint of two articles by Stan W7NI from the Sept/Oct
1982 and March/April 1983 (ancient history!) NCJs.  The article is titled
Antenna Mast Design.

     Dick K5IU also wrote a series of articles on the calculation of Yagi wind
loads.  They are:  Determination of Yagi Wind Loads Using the Cross-Flow
Principle; Aerodynamic Balancing: Part 1 and Part 2, found in Comms Quarterly
Spring 1993, Summer 1994 and Winter 1995, respectively.

     I know I bought reprints of K5IU's articles through ARRL.  I believe K7LXC
sells/sold the Antenna Mast Design reprint.  He'll jump in here, I'm sure.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F