Re: [TowerTalk] TB3 Thrust Bearing

To: jz73@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TB3 Thrust Bearing
From: "Bruce Ferratt" <uglyatc@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 15:58:02 -0500
Jon-
Hello.
I purchased the TB-3 because the Yaesu GM-050 bearing didn't mount on to the
Rohn AS25G plate. It wasn't even close! Believe it or not I think I might be
overkilling the entire project.  This is a 60ft tower, bracketed to my house
at 20'.  I will be guying it.  I used 52 bags of 60lbs concrete at 4ft deep
X  28" X 28".
The bracket is installed through the siding with carriage bolts and secured
inside a room with a pressurized 2 X 6 board.  The bracket is bolted into a
footing and the other three carriage bolts for the bracket go between 3
studs inside the room.  I don't think it is going anywhere once it is guyed.
The tower has the 9ft top section with the peak.  Will be using an aluminum
mast 1 1/4" OD with Yaesu G-450A rotor.  Beam is a Mosely TA-33M and stacked
2m/440 vertical.

Any recommendations would be great but the concrete is already poured and
bracket is installed.  Am waiting for better weather to start stacking tower
sections.

Thanks
73
Bruce