[TowerTalk] Link Coupled Tuner Question

To: towertalk reflector <>,"" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Link Coupled Tuner Question
From: Joe Giacobello <>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 12:32:03 -0500
I am considering building a link coupled tuner for 160M.  I am checking
out components by crudely "bread boarding" with clip leads on the bench
using fixed resistors for loads.  Although I am able to get to a 1:1
SWR, I am observing that the series link capacitor seems to have very
little effect on the SWR.  I am using a 500 pF variable paralleled with
about 2000 pF of fixed capacitance for the series capacitor. Is this
relative insensitivity for the series link typical?

73, Joe