[TowerTalk] CC&R Content Question

Subject: [TowerTalk] CC&R Content Question
From: John W <>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 07:50:53 -0800 (PST)
I am currently looking for some land or house/land 2-6 acres in east Texas so I
can put upa tower(s). Seems almost every deed restriction I come to as a
minimum has the common wording containing some sort of language about "no
obnoxious activity that might be or could be considered a nuisance or annoyance
to the neighborhood"...
Other then this one item in the restrictions there are no other restrictions on
antennas, towers etc.  All the locations I am considereing our not within city
jurisiction only county and they have no issues with towers or tower heights.
I have asked  two ARRL VC's to review the CC&R restrictions, deeds  etc.
Initially I have gotten two different points of view on this wording one which
says it could be used to sue me the other saying it can not.  I know its just
opinion and thats all I am looking for in trying to evaluate my level of risk
before I spend the money to move and put the tower up.
Question here:  Has anyone on this reflector been sued or had that wording
above used against them successfully or unsucessfully to have a tower removed?
FYI Tower setup would be ANWireless HD60 to HD80  with two large beams 12 feet
apart with smaller UHF/VHF 2-3 above that.  Booms around 32-36 feet longest
element 42 feet, not a :small footprint system.
If so I'd like to hear your story and get you opinions or comments.
John  - W5EJ