Re: [TowerTalk] "Cables in the woods" or burial

To: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Cables in the woods" or burial
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 09:34:45 -0800
At 07:31 AM 3/20/2006, Brian Moran wrote:
>I need some recommendations as to how to run the cables from my tower....
>I have fsj4-50b to run, some surplus CATV stuff that's about an inch
>thick, rotator and antenna control, a cat-5 cable for some antenna
>switches, and a backup nylon pull cord or two.
>
>   I also will be running a 20 amp 120v circuit out there.

<snip>

Do you have any electrical code issues? (like, do you have to meet
code?)  If you do, that will substantially affect the alternatives.  For
instance, you normally can't run 120V power and low voltage signals (i.e.
rotator,coax) in the same conduit.

I think the moisture issues can be dealt with (it's not like other people
in rainy climates don't run conduit undergrond)

Jim