Re: [TowerTalk] 6 Meter Antenna Help

To: "mike ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6 Meter Antenna Help
From: "David Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:53:22 -0500
I went thru this two years ago with an old Cushcraft 6 el.  I made the 6 el
into a new 5 el using the manuals that are on-line on the Cushcraft web
page.  The design was changed in 1994.

There is one rub.  The new design uses one size for the center of all
elements and a smaller size for the tips
so you do not exactly get the same swag by just making the element spacing
as per the new design and making the elements the right length.  However the
5 el was a big improvement over the old 4 el I was using.  Now to cut some
tree limbs so I can put together the 6 el version.
Dave K4JRB