To: "Bruce Ferratt" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 39, Issue 39
From: Robin Midgett <>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 17:34:42 -0600
Hi again Bruce,
Yes, the stock Rohn shelf is easily cut with a fine tooth blade and a
jig saw. Likewise, boring new holes is easily done with standard
metal cutting drill bits.
I can send you a drilling template for the Yaesu rotor bolt pattern
if you need one. I believe the factory holes are for Hy-Gain rotors.
My drill template includes those too, so you can align the template
on the shelf using the Hy-Gain holes as an aid.

At 11:00 AM 3/15/2006, you wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:49:27 -0600
>From: "Mike Bragassa, K5UO" <>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor/Bearing
>To: <>
>I think these types of rotors; very much like the Create rotors
>which are worm-gear driven,  requires that the vertical loads be put
>on the rotor and not relieved by a bearing. Confirm that in your manual.
>Mike, K5UO
>Can the Rohn AS25G accessory plate be cut easily and with what type of saw?
>Without sacrificing strength can a Yaesu rotor GS-450 be mounted on
>a cut plate? I will be using a thrust bearing (TB3) for the vertical
>load.  Does the AS25G accommodate the Yaesu rotors without having to
>re-drill mounting holes?

Robin Midgett K4IDC
615-322-5836 office - rolls to pager
615-835-7699 pager