[TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Antenna Question
From: "mike ryan" <mryan001@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:04:48 -0500
Gentlemen, I asked this question a couple of weeks ago and did not get a
big response so perhaps you guys were cleaning your garages that day.
This is always the place to ask questions and the answers are always
informative so here we go.

I need to make a decision as to whether to use my Force 12 XR-5 beam or
my Cushcraft A-4 and an A-3WS.  The Force 12 supposedly has only 2
elements per band and does not brag about a lot of gain. Is this just
not that great of a beam?? The Cushcraft is no peach either I am sure
but given just the choice of the Cushcraft  pair over the XR-5 what does
the brain trust here recommend.GO AT IT GUYS!  And as always thank you
for your input. It is appreciated.  - Mike