[TowerTalk] Burnishing Aluminum Oxide

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Burnishing Aluminum Oxide
From: "Gary E. Jones, Ph.D." <garyejones@cmaaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:57:18 -0600
Well, thanks to everyone who took the time to post directly to me or to
the reflector and it appears a near unanimous opinion that the way for
me to go is to ScotchBrite the surfaces. I just happened to have a large
pack of that stuff that I picked up for a completely different purpose
at Sam's. We use ScotchBrite to abrade the dead skin cells (the corneum)
off the skin surface before we apply electrodes for physiological
recordings in psychophysiological research... so although I use the
stuff all the time, I would never have thought of it for this
application.

Thanks again to everyone who has given it a try and says it's the way to
go. I will spend a little time today getting those elements back ready
to go back together.

             73

                                Gary                       W5FI

Gary and Dee Jones