Re: [TowerTalk] homeowners insurance

To: Jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] homeowners insurance
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 10:01:13 -0500
I have heard of CLUE from a friend, who is a retired insurance agent,
and my current agent.  Given the penalties that the insurance companies
impose for a small claim or two (e.g., cancellation or extremely high
premiums), it seems sensible to select a relatively high deductible so
one is at least protected against a catastrophic event.  You'd have to
eat the small claims, but they seem to just create coverage problems
anyhow, which may be much more costly in the long run.

I have often thought that the CLUE record system was a violation of
anti-trust legislation:  interlocking directorate or some similar
collusion among competing companies.  I wonder if any of the attorneys
out there have an opinion on this?

73, Joe
K2XX