Re: [TowerTalk] Stub Filters

To:,,'Robert Pack NX5M' <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Stub Filters
From: Mike <>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:59:06 -0500
Regarding L-C filters, look up Ed's, W3NQN, article in Ma7 1997, QST,
titled: "Clean Up Your Signals with Band-Pass Filters".

They are commercially available from Array Solutions or you can build
them as Ed has included plenty of information on how to do it.  I've
built two sets and they work very well.

At 04:40 AM 3/24/2006, Peter Chadwick wrote:
>As Gary said, L-C filters are a better way to go. I'd design
>bandpass filters for each band. There are various programs around
>that will design a filter for you, although they can come up with
>awkward values, and more advanced design techniques are useful. A
>good introductory book (although pretty ancient, but the principles
>haven't changed) is 'Simplified Modern Filter Design' by Geffe.
>There are a fair number available on Abe books.
>Peter G3RZP
>TowerTalk mailing list

         Mike, K4GMH