Re: [TowerTalk] ?? web-based resources for towers, installation,approval

To: towertalk@contesting.com, phil@grimshaw.net.au
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ?? web-based resources for towers, installation,approvals
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:01:22 EST

In a message dated 3/24/2006 10:27:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Just wondering if anyone has pointers (web urls, documents  they can post
etc)  to info, advice, data etc on towers,   footings & guy anchor
points,   of towers & masts of  various sizes.  It seems to me that a web
resource like this for hams  everywhere would be a much liked resource to
be able to turn  to.??

    The only thing I've seen is the Radian-Rohn  website -
_www.radiancorp.com_ (http://www.radiancorp.com) . You can  look up the
drawings and other specs
there.

    While your tower might not be a Rohn, you can  make some inferences from
their specs. Match up your tower - guyed,  self-supporting, height - and look
up what you need for three different  windspeeds - 70, 90 and 110 MPH. While
the tower might be different, the wind  forces are the same.

Cheers & GL,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Cell: 206-890-4188