[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Problem

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Problem
From: "Doug Rehman" <rehman@surveil.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 20:38:14 -0500
First, thanks to all, especially Gene AD3F, for the info on the CushCraft
D40. FYI, with the D40 set for 7100, the resonant frequency at 8' was 6868,
22' was 7068, and 65' was 7100.

I have a Yaesu G1000 rotator with a G800-S controller. When I put the
combination up last year, it worked perfectly; it recently developed a
problem. The pair is set up with south center and the overlap from south to
west. From south to south, the needle moves at a varying speed and does not
accurately report the rotator's position; it is accurate at when the rotator
is at south (either the counterclockwise stop or when passing through south
going clockwise into the overlap area). At the clockwise stop (due west),
the needle points south-southwest.

Any ideas?

Tnx,
Doug