[TowerTalk] Looking for advise on new tower

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Looking for advise on new tower
From: "Eric Barnes" <>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 21:10:26 -0800
Hello everyone,

I have been saving for my first tower and would appreciate any advise or
recommendations anyone has on the matter.

I was looking at a self support tower, 40' tall made by Universal Towers.  I
was going to use the B-22 base which would allow me to add a few sections later
if needed to gain a bit of height and keep decent wind load.

I was concerned with the fact that these are aluminum and am not sure how they
will hold up.  Would I be better of with a Rohn tower or similar?

For background... I have no room for guying and will be placing a wifi dish
antenna with 2 sq ft loading and a 12 elem 2 meter beam.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would be grateful to hear them.

Eric Barnes