[TowerTalk] strange rotor problem update

To: "TowerTalk List" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] strange rotor problem update
From: "FireBrick" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:52:42 -0600
I wish I remembered to include this info.
1. I use the tailtwister control box.
It has the starting cap (which I replace once a year normally)
2. The Ham IV works normally, and in fact, perfectly.
3. I open the rotors once a year, in spring, just to blow out rotormites and
look for
4. The rotor does not exhibit the problem unless under load.
If I remove the clamps so the rotor can turn free, it runs full rotations at
normal speed.
5. I can turn the tower by hand with just nominal force, and in fact, once it
starts, it's
really one hand easy.
6. In the past I have replaced races, direction pots, in fact I keep a set of
spares in a
can along beside two tubes of recommended grease.
7. I ALWAYS know to open rotators over the wives old roasting pan. LOL

8. I guess I have to bring it into the shop, not a big deal, just wanted to see
if there
was something I hadn't thought of...

thanks for the emails...

PS: . That's why I keep a spare rotor on the shelf. hihi

Shopping tip: You can get shoes for 85 cents at bowling alleys.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at
weather at