[TowerTalk] rotator anomaly

To: "TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rotator anomaly
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 13:10:16 -0500
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
I keep extra parts such as bearing, plastic bearing holders, and positioning
pot.
Just for emergencies.
When it stops raining, I'll swap out with my spare and bring the Tailtwister
inside and
perform a arthroscopy...

I'm sure its just a matter of dust and rotormites getting inside.
(that's funny as my neighborhood has become infested with a particular type of
bug that
breeds only in a specific type of tree, the village cut all those trees down,
last fall
those bugs were clinging to anything warm to stay alive. wouldn't it be a kick
if I opened
the rotator only to find they found a substitute home?)

And for those that aren't familiar with the old Wilson self supporting
rotatable
towers...There is a GIANT style flange style bearing that the tower tubes
rotate on, that
bearing DOES have a zerk fitting and is greased twice a year. You can spin the
tower by
hand easily.
There is NO Rohn style thrust bearing.

Thanks to all.

"Meow:" A cat saying, "Come here. I want to ignore you."

Bill H. in Chicagoland
webcams at http://24.14.49.4:8080
weather at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w9ol/WX/HH.htm