Re: [TowerTalk] [Antennas] which type of locktite

To: "TowerTalk List" <>,"Antenna List" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Antennas] which type of locktite
From: "Ray Brown" <>
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 14:07:18 -0500
From: "FireBrick" <>

> I can't remember the 'color' of the locktite recommended to be used on tower
> and antenna
> bolts.
> Super Strength is Red. (Never to be used as you will NEVER get them loose
> again)
> I know Medium Strength is Blue.
> Light Strength is ?????

  Light strength is "purple", # 222. Medium is blue, # 242, and high-strength
is red, # 271.

  There is a "green" strength but I'm not sure where it lise in these three.
You can go look
at and enter your country
and go from there.

  I know that there's a blue version that I use for very small capscrews in the
medical field,
but I can't remember the number offhand.

  But the bottom line is, red will come apart only with heat and a wrench.

  There's one particular flavor, # 290, that will "wick" in by capillairy
motion and help holds
things together even if you can't take it apart at all. Needs localized heat to

  Well, have fun looking in their catalog.

                _Ray_        KBØSTN