[TowerTalk] T2X brake problem?? Maybe!

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X brake problem?? Maybe!
From: "Van K7VS" <>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 10:57:18 -0700
When I drop my tubular tower to a horizontal point over the lawn and my 3
element quad is not square to the ground when I tip over the tower, my quad
will actually rotate to a point that is square with the ground.  I check and
can actually hear the brake click in and out but apparently the weight of
the quad which is mounted about five feet above  the T2X on a two inch pipe
is such that the quad rotates to a point of "least resistance" i.e the
weight of the quad is such that it rotates to a point where it is square to
the ground.  Do I have a problem with the rotator brake or is this normal.
Obviously if I put it back up then it is not north when I point it north as
it has rotated.  Any comments?  Thanks  Van, K7VS