Re: [TowerTalk] [YCCC] guy placement questions

To: <wc1m@msn.com>, "'Tower'" <towertalk@contesting.com>,"'YCCC'" <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [YCCC] guy placement questions
From: "Mike Bernock" <mbernock@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:10:48 -0400
Dick,

I have a 40M2 (M2 40M, 2 ele) at 98' sharing a mast with a 3 ele SteppIR at
90'. There was no noticeable effect on VSWR on any band on the SteppIR when
the 40M2 was installed above it. I made some before and after ground wave
checks (around a mile away), on all SteppIR bands (20M - 6M), comparing
forward gain and F/B in both the normal and 180 flip modes. I only recall
recording a slight drop in F/B on 15M (normal and 180 mode) after the 40M
beam was installed. I have some scribblings from this test safely filed
somewhere... I will post them, if I can find them. Hope this info helps.

-- Mike, N1IW