[TowerTalk] Zepp question

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Zepp question
From: Richard DiDonna <>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 10:14:52 -0400
I'm working on a simple wire solution for the yard, and am opting for a "zouble
extended zepp".  Unfortuantely, the location of the antenna will be in a stand
of trees about 75 feet from the house.  This would mean that with kids running
around the house, a run of ladder line is not optimal.

Is there a significant penalty to using a 4:1 balun near the feedpoint?  I'm
assuming not.

And, is there a particular need for 450 ohm ladder line as opposed to 300 ohm
twin lead?

73 Rich NN3W