Re: [TowerTalk] rotor removal question

To: <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor removal question
From: "Terry Gerdes" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:20:43 -0500

I recently took down a R45 tower with a 17' Chromoly mast and a three
element forty on top of the mast.  The tower has a thrust bearing at the top
and a Orion rotor below.   I stopped by Home Depot and bought three short
pieces of chain and bolts.  The three chains were used to keep the mast
"on-center" and were bolted around the mast and around each leg on the
tower.   I used a truck scissor jack to jack the mast up out of the rotor.

73 Terry - AB5K