[TowerTalk] Elevated Guy Post -> Slack Guys

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Elevated Guy Post -> Slack Guys
From: "Terry Gerdes" <>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 09:05:42 -0500

This weekend I took down a 150 foot of R25 tower with elevated guy posts.  All
three elevated guy post were leaning.  The northern guy post was leaning very
bad and in addition there were a couple of lower support braces that had been
added to stiffen it up.   The tower was lightly loaded with a DB224 on top.

I have never seen a tower with so slack of guys.  Considerable effort was done
just to get the guys tensioned up so the tower could be taken down.  The tower
was constructed on a pier pin and it obviously moved around a lot in the wind.

Pic of leaning elevated guy post:

Pic of slack guys:

73 Terry - AB5K