[TowerTalk] Propagation over an obscura

Subject: [TowerTalk] Propagation over an obscura
From: "Ronald, Douglas S" <>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 11:57:01 -0700

This is probably a redundant question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. I
will soon have an antenna on a 100' tower whose line of sight to the
central US from California is about 1' above a hill 930' from the
antenna. What chance to I have of getting out to the east coast? The
angle of obscuration is only about 10 degrees and falls off rapidly on
both sides. The antenna has a gain across all HF of from 10 to 13 dBd if
that matters. I'm kind-of looking for a seat-of-the-pants opinion at the

Doug Ronald