Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 load question

To: towertalk@contesting.com, df3kv@t-online.de
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HDX-555 load question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:42:44 EDT

In a message dated 4/28/2006 8:17:01 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  Of course it must be guyed at the  top and probably  above the centre to
prevent buckling.

Except for the fact that it is NOT DESIGNED for  it. Guying it will only put
additional tension on all of the cables -  shortening the service life and
decreasing its safety factor significantly.

>  I was not talking about guying the bottom section which would  be useless.

    We agree on something.

>  Is  there any reason for that particular tower not to become guyed?

See comments above. Please keep in mind  that you must observe the LXC Prime
Directive to "DO what the manufacturer  says" in all cases.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
& US Tower factory approved installer