Re: [TowerTalk] Is that really Rohn?

To: "Jim Jarvis" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Is that really Rohn?
From: "Terry Gerdes" <>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 13:20:32 -0500

You are right it certainly could be a clone tower.   This was formerly a
Loran tower and probably purchased for the government on a lowest cost
basis.  I would certainly like to think that it a clone and was manufactured
to a lower spec.  It looks like a swaged reduction but the reduction is very
sharp.   I compared it with some other R25 tower sections and they have a
tapered swag.  I cut another leg off the tower section and posted a couple
of pics:

73 Terry - AB5K