[TowerTalk] RE : Painting antennas

To: <ec1cwg@dxhunters.com>, "'towertalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE : Painting antennas
From: "hermans" <on4kj@skynet.be>
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 23:01:36 +0100
Hello Fernando,

I am not sure its a good practice in the amateur world, as an ex
professionnel telecom VHF UHF mobile world, I never seen other treatment
then anodized or other chimical treat.
An anecdotal fact, years ago when the first color TV came on the market, I
did paint a three element Yagi with the three basic colors My neighbor asked
what that was good for.....!! I told him that I obtained better colors on
the screen.......would one believe !!! A week later more of a dozen TV
arials were painted around bleu green and red. Worst, they were persuaded
they had better colors on the screen indeed.......... I won the bet and
earned about 120$......

Jos on4kj - os5n