Re: [TowerTalk] Gear Box Lub

To: "Win" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gear Box Lub
From: "Michael Tope" <>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 08:02:14 -0700
From: "Win" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 6:30 AM
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gear Box Lub

>I asked this before and never received a reply.  What is the proper lube
> a MD-80 Motor Drive gear box?  Any information on lubing the gear box
> would
> be appreciated.
> Win, w0lz

I have a similar question. I am in the process of re-lubing a
Create RC5A3. I was going to use a general purpose Lithium
grease (NLGI Grade 2) that I picked up at the local auto parts
store. It appears to have similar consistency to the grease that
was in the worm gear chamber, but I am not up on the subtleties
of grease, so I don't know if I am using the right stuff. The rotor
manual is fairly vague on this -  it states that an "optimum
quality grease" should be used. Any gear-heads with grease
expertise out there?