Re: [TowerTalk] Radials

To: "Tom Osborne" <>,"Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Radials
From: "AA6DX - Mark" <>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 08:37:24 -0700
Back in the 7Øs, I had a steerable vertical array for 4ØM like that of which
you speak .. I read, re-read, studied, and decided the "way to go" was EACH
vertical have its own isolated set of radials.  It worky worky swell.  But,
this was the days before computer optimizing, and I have since read "proof",
as I recall, that an inclusive system works best.  As the one I installed,
using coax and switches for phasing, worked so well, I never changed it, and
never had a chance to run A-B tests.  All I know is that it sure performed,
each vertical independent of the others as to radials.  I still had the
coaxial cable grounds offering a common connection, as my switches were not
double-pole.  I am about ready to try that again, in my quite small downtown
lot.  I have collected about enough aluminum for 3 32' sticks...  HIHI
Mark Nelson  -  AA6DX

mailto: AA6DX@ARRL.NET